Sunday, January 4, 2009

First Looks: Traffic Swarm






If you are making money from any program, you always make more when you have referrals. Hopefully you are only promoting the good stuff and not just anything to make a profit.

I got this link from a charity I support. They use it to help get traffic to their site. They are not a big national charity so they need all the help they can get.

I signed up quite easily and found out the free credits they offer don't come until you earn 50 clicks. It sounded like this was going down the tubes, but then I read the stats.

I made them my home page so I can get full use of this.

Daily Stats You Can Earn

Opening Your Browser

  • You earn one point just for opening your browser (simple enough!)
  • You get credit for the first 30 each day.
  • You also get a point for everyone you refer when they open their browser (and thats on the free account!)
Clicking on adds in your home page
  • Clicks on the sites on your home page earn 1 - 1000 points
  • They count the first 250 clicks for the day
  • You have to view the ad for 20 secs to get credit
  • You can not view the same ad over and over for credit (this is part of their cheat filtering system which is a good one I think)
This is all on the free system. You can upgrade for a fee and get free credits every month and more credits from referrals but Im only going the free route for now. If they turn out to really work I might think about upgrading.

This one really seems to have their act together and out of what Ive seen, I want to start here first.

To test the effectiveness, I have gone to Google's Analytic and put in my site. I put the code on this blog and will be able to track how many visitors I get and how long they stay.

This is also a free service and I recommend using something along that line to test effectiveness.

I don't know if I will make a full 250 clicks a day, but we will see how it goes.

Post a Comment